The JA New York Shows are for the Active Jewelry Trade only. This is a trade event and is not open to the public. No personal buyers will be allowed into the show. To gain entrance to the show the company must apply to attend and be qualified by show management by providing materials confirming their role in the jewelry industry. Each company must be able to prove they purchase fine jewelry or supplies. Each qualified company may enter individuals as buyers for their company. Show Management reserves the right to audit any, and all individuals registered to confirm their role in the jewelry industry and their affiliation with the qualified company.
All Attendees must be active Retailers, Wholesalers, Designers or otherwise affiliated with the jewelry industry. Show Management reserves the right to request additional documentation for each Company and Employee beyond what is listed below if deemed necessary.
Retail Company Qualification Credentials: must include any two (2) of the following: One of the documents MUST BE INVOICES OF FINISHED JEWELRY:
- Invoices: Produce current invoices (within the last 12 months) for MULTIPLE quantities of products worth a combined total of $5,000 from a minimum of four (4) different jewelry suppliers.
- Business license indicating that you are a retail business.
- First two pages of Store lease that states you are a retail business or photograph of inside and outside of the store including store name signage.
- New Business only – letter of intent from an attorney or bank on official letterhead stating that intent to start a new retail business
- Online fine jewelry retailer ONLY - Active web site address through which company business can be validated
- Mail order companies must provide printed catalog
- Your firm’s State/County Sales Tax Permit or a Seller’s Permit
- Non-Traditional jewelry retailers (such as clothing boutiques or galleries) must submit invoices for jewelry or jewelry supplies for multiple items with a combined total of $1,500 or more
Wholesaler, Designer Qualification Documents: must provide two (2) of the following: One of the documents MUST BE INVOICES RELATED TO JEWELRY:
- Invoices – three (3) invoices showing purchase of finished fine jewelry or supplies within the last twelve (12) months for MULTIPLE quantities of products worth a combined total of $5,000 from a minimum of four (4) different jewelry suppliers.
- List of three customer references (retailers you currently sell to.) Retailers must be able to be verified as jewelry retailers
- Active web site address through which company business can be validated
- Your firm’s State/County Sales Tax Permit or a Seller Permit
Employee Qualification Documents:
Employees may be audited to prove they work for a qualified company. Audited employees must provide one (1) of the following:
a. Copy of cancelled company payroll check or pay-check stub
b. Copy of W-2 form
c. Copy of company credit card with both employee’s and company’s name.
d. Copy of company insurance with employee name
** NOTE: Business Cards do not prove your employment and will not be accepted
Admission not granted to:
a. Individuals under the age of 16, including infants
b. Individuals operating businesses from home
c. General Public/Non-Trade Guests/Retail Buyer Guests
Types of Companies that Qualify:
1. Retail Stores (that carry jewelry)
- Fine Jewelry Retail Stores (Independent and Chain Stores)
- Department Stores/Leased Department Operator
- Mass Merchandise Retailers
- Online/TV/Other Direct Jewelry Marketer
- Specialty Retailers that carry jewelry (Boutiques, Museums, Galleries, etc)
- Pawn Shops
- Jewelry Repair Stores
- Jewelry Appraisers
2. Jewelry Designers/Jewelry Brands
3. Wholesaler/Distributor of jewelry
4. Jewelry Supplier/Manufacturer
Terms and Conditions
- The JA New York shows are for active Jewelry industry affiliated companies and it’s Employees only. This is a trade event and is not open to the public.
- Individuals operating a home based business will not be admitted to the show. No private, non-trade buyer is permitted on the show floor.
- Retailers or wholesalers found to register private or non-trade buyers will be subject to penalties.
- All buyers are required to show individual business identification and government issued photo ID to be allowed in the show. Retail stores found to register private or non-trade buyers will be subject to penalties.
- Individual personalized business and personal photo identifications must be carried at all times.
- Show management reserves the right to deny any application for admittance to the show based on insufficient qualification documents that are requested. It is up to the applicant to prove their affiliation with the industry.
- No one will be permitted to vouch for another individual’s credentials.
- No strollers or children under the age of 16 including infants are allowed (ONLY EXCEPTION: if the infant is carried in a baby carrier AT ALL TIMES - SHOW DAYS ONLY).
- JA New York reserves the right to use photographs / video taken of you at the show for marketing purposes.
- All attendees are approved by Nielsen Expositions. Registration from the public will be denied.
- Your badge is non-transferable. It will be confiscated upon any attempts to transfer or sell it, and all parties will be banned from future shows.
- Solicitation of business or distribution of materials by non-exhibitors is prohibited. Violators will be removed from the show.
- If you misplace your badge onsite, there will be a $50 onsite re-print fee.
Emerald Expositions reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.